Galaxy User Group Forum Guidelines
The Galaxy User Group Forum is an open meeting place where Galaxy sensor users can ask questions, share information, and discuss issues relating to the Galaxy sensor solution produced by Teledyne Optech and their third-party partners. The forum welcomes and encourages its members to participate by posting questions or providing input or answers to questions from other users. Members are encouraged to discuss methods and best practices for working with, and providing solutions to everyday user issues and challenges. It is not designed to be a substitute for communicating issues and problems requiring immediate Teledyne Optech support.
The forum is divided into several top-level discussion categories, each with a moderator who is responsible to facilitate discussion and provide direction, input and responses on topic and content submissions.
Forum members commit themselves to helping their fellow members in whatever way they can. A message posted on the forum will usually be read by several people within minutes. If your question has a quick answer you will probably get a quick response. If it's a tough one, it will take longer but it will get researched and a response provided.
We have implemented the following guidelines in order to maintain a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere for all our members. Please read the following forum basics, do's, don'ts and forum etiquette for expectations. By proceeding to post on the forum, you agree to these guidelines and must obey them at all times. Refusal to obey these guidelines will result in the appropriate responsive actions.
We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or intentionally disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases.
- To maintain a constructive, informative, and helpful environment for all members, forum moderators reserve the right to review posts and may edit or remove those that don't adhere to the forum guidelines. Failure to adhere to these terms may terminate your ability to post topics, or reply to messages in the forum.
- Multiple forum accounts are not permitted. If a person is identified as having multiple forum accounts, they will be contacted directly (privately) and asked to select one account. The remaining accounts will then be merged into their chosen account.
- Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on you.
- Please limit your input to questions, solutions, tips or suggestions relating to the Galaxy sensor solution only. This site is currently not designed or staffed to address all other sensor topics.
- Members are encouraged to participate in discussions but are not required to, but you only get out of it what you put into it.
- The forum is not a substitute for submitting an incident report or service ticket for a specific issue or problem. Please use our support services for problems and issues requiring immediate attention. Priority will always be given to the service ticket.
Forum Do's and Don'ts: Do's
- Review all forum announcements.
- Before posting to the forum, do make an effort to search our Forums for the answer first. Frequently, you are not the first to encounter a problem and chances are good that you will be able to find an answer that has already been posted.
- Before posting to the forum, do make an effort to qualify a problem by duplicating it. One occurrence may not necessarily indicate a problem with the software or hardware. If you cannot duplicate it, it may have been a simple operator error.
- If you can, do be prepared to describe the conditions associated with your problem, such as LMS release version.
- Do remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at the categories and forums provided as well as previously posted topics to help determine where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator.
Forum Do's and Don'ts: Don'ts
- Do not post messages that are inflammatory, non-constructive, or at odds with the aims of the forum.
- Do not post messages that contain offensive language or references or personal attacks against other forum members.
- Do not post non-constructive messages about the forum or its programs and services. If there is something you do not like, please suggest a solution or course of action to remedy the situation by emailing the Forum Manager directly.
- Do not mistake the forum for your personal soap box. The forum is designed as a communication tool to assist our members in solving problems and becoming more productive in the use of Optech products.
- Do not impersonate another member within these forums, in any mode of communication, it is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
- Do not post the same question to more than one forum at a time (be it to the same forum or separate forums). The term for this is "Multiple-Forum Posting" which can be quite confusing and will complicate the Forum process. All but one of the posts will be deleted by a Moderator.
- Do not add the forum or any forum member's address to any mailing list.
- Do not use addresses obtained from a Forum message for any personal or business mailing.
- Do not post any job descriptions or resumes in messages to the Forums.
- Do not post large files or data sets to the forum.
- Do not post any form of advertising or self-promotional material or links to them within the forum.
- Posts that infringe any of the above guidelines will be deleted or moved accordingly, by a Moderator without notice.
- No question is too simple. A person with one day's experience is as welcome as one with a decade or more of experience.
- Members are expected to behave professionally. Personal insults, unsubstantiated or inflammatory statements, and demeaning or vulgar language will not be tolerated and can result in being banned from the site. Members will be clearly warned when they are in violation. Bans can be temporary or permanent, based upon the severity of the situation. Re-admittance will be at the sole discretion of the forum manager. Members who are readmitted and resume offensive behavior will be permanently banned.
- Should you receive messages that you feel violate these guidelines, please do not respond to the sender. Instead, please inform the forum manager via e-mail.
- Do not demand immediate responses. Forum members are volunteers and have jobs just like you. They answer messages as soon as their individual schedules will allow. Our members span the globe and may be in very different time zones.
- No personal attacks or flames will be allowed within the Forums. This includes, but is not limited to: insulting others for their comments and ideas, language skills, age, sex and religious beliefs.
- No spamming. This includes, but is not limited to: comments not contributing to the board, advertisements, cross posts, and messages posted repeatedly.
- No Pornography. Do not post messages containing content of a sexual or violent nature. This includes links or URLs to sites containing such content.
- Please do not post thread titles and thread posts using only UPPER case letters. The use of all UPPER case letters in the virtual world is considered rude and a sign of shouting.
- Please refrain from using "eye catchers" in thread titles. Examples are adding characters like ==> <== or ** ** around the subject. Also, do not use "HELP!" in your title. Please type a clear descriptive subject only. When asking for help, state what the problem is, or ask a question.
By accessing this forum, you agree to be legally bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the these terms then please do not access and/or use this forum.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database.